It looks like SOMEONE forgot they had a website. A lot has happened, and if you're signed up for the newsletter you already know it, but just as a quick recap
1. I released a bunch of stuff on compilations, which I'll update on the discography page
2. A promo video I wrote some peppy music for was released recently and since it's also a promo video for a convention I work every year, I thought I'd link it up.
3. All of the WeeklyBeats stuff I put out last year was compiled along with some WB stuff that I did not release in the form of an album titled Decent Company and I'm pretty happy with it!
4. Tough is coming out on cassette and it's currently up for pre-order! It contains some alternate mixes of songs on the digital version and some tracks not featured on the original, from as far back as 2005!
5. I have a few shows this month (May). I plan to do a real tour in August!
The 7th installment in a Christmas compilation I've been co-organizing since 2005!
I contributed a punky arrangement of the 16th century French carol Ding Dong Merrily On High!
I didn't get a chance to post about it before it happened, because frankly, my summer teaching job was too hectic this year, but I played a show online on July 23rd, my first ever purely DJ style set. I played only my own material, of course. Most of what I played is unreleased, and for a limited time I'll be offering the set's audio as a free download!
There's a lot of music planned to come out this summer, but one thing I didn't expect was putting out another exclusive, incredibly limited run mix CD for the Summer months.
DANGER DEVICE is 19 tracks, 40 minutes and 52 seconds, and much like past mix releases, this CD is handmade as heck. It features tracks spanning multiple solo projects from me, as well as music that doesn't belong to any projects at all!
There's only ever going to be 30 copies! Act fast!
As you might have noticed, I've added three shows to the show dates section. Two of them are featured in the image above. They are both right next to each other and in the first week of June before I go off to work my butt off as a liaison for the special guests at AnimeNext, but the other one is out in the middle of nowhere, in August. Could it be that perhaps I'm planning a summer tour???
For now, you'll have to be patient, but I expect to see some of the mid-west and Texas this summer, for sure...
Well, I'm doing a lot more writing and playing of music for other people lately, which is leaving me a lot less time to focus on Bubblegum Octopus and my other projects, but it's actually a healthy exercise in broadening my musical horizons and learning why exactly I make music like Bubblegum Octopus, and re-learning how to appreciate it.
Healthier still, has been signing up for Weekly Beats, and forcing myself to write new music for myself every week. The songs adhere to no project and will likely jump all over the stylistic map by the end of the year, but if you want to follow along, you can check back every sunday at 7pm EST.
Username Catthew O.
The reprint of March 2014's "Critters" on cassette is finally here! Head over to the Bubblegum Octopus bandcamp's merch page and grab yourself a copy! Limited edition of 100!!